Pacific Islanders Commission
- Rev. Saia Tu’itahi, PIC Co-Chair, Mainland (Santa Ana UMC)
- Pastor Joseph Siofele, PIC Co-Chair, Hawaii (Aiea UMC)
- Pastor Taike Lolohea, Mainland Working Committees Tongan (Colton UMC)
- Pastor Eketone Tosi, Mainland Working Committees Samoan (Garden Grove UMC)
- Pastor Vaitu’uloa Fonua, Hawaii Working Committees, Tongan (Waimanalo First Tongan-Vaikauaki UMC)
- Pastor Setu Setu, Hawaii Working Committees, Samoan (Pacific Islanders UMC)
Mission & Purpose
The Mission: To make disciples of Jesus Christ, for the transformation of the World. Local churches and extension ministries of the Church provide the most significant arenas through which disciple-making occurs.
The Purpose: To promote the full participation of the Pacific Islanders in the California Pacific Annual Conference of the United Methodist and to be opened to consultation with the resident Bishop concerning all matters affecting the Pacific Islanders ministry on the Mainland and the Pacific.
To develop Christian leadership and self-determination of Pacific Islanders.
To encourage and assist Pacific Islanders ministerial candidates to attend accredited theological institutions or designated other alternatives whereby Pacific Islanders can better prepare themselves for ministry.
To provide opportunities for all Pacific Islanders with trans-cultural education, experience and direction to foster better understanding and smoother transition into social economic environments in the United States.
To be means and an advocate for other needs of Pacific Islanders.